Timeline

The moated Gothic tower was built in the Maze (a maze of yew trees surrounded the tower similar to that of Hampton court)
1747
1800
Old yew walk running west from the house was planted
The first public Railway was built passing through Errol Station
1808
1811
The Circular Stable block was constructed to a design by John Paterson
The Wellingtonia Avenue was planted to commemorate the Battle of Waterloo
1815
1833
North Church, Errol built
John Lee Allen of Errol Park planted the belt of reeds along the river
1836
1867
Extensive alterations and additions were made to the house
House destroyed by fire
1874
1875
House rebuilt and re-designed by Alexander Johnston, in 19th-century Renaissance style. West and East lodges were also built
Queen Victoria conferred Sir William Ogilvy Dalgleish the honour of baronetcy
1896
1899
The octagonal tower which sits over the pedimented entrance of the stable block was heightened (Johnston and Baxter) to provide the village of Errol with its first running water. A clock by Vulliamy, London, dated 1830, was also inserted
Errol recreation Park adjoining the parish church was gifted by Lady Ogilvy Dalgleish of Errol Park
1900
1900
Errol Park curling pond and Pavilion built